With the dusting of snow gracing several states across the U.S., Arizonans are enjoying gorgeous sunny days and cool evenings. The holidays are just around the corner, and despite the desert that surrounds us, Arizona holidays are a surprising oasis of winter wonderland. The fall and winter weather alone in the Valley is the envy of the country, with temperatures ranging as high as 70°F in daytime to as low as 40°F at night. Whether traveling solo, with the whole family, or hosting friends and family, there’s an endless supply of fun things to do in Phoenix that make Arizona holidays magical.
- Northern Arizona: If you’re dreaming of a white Christmas, take a short drive north of Phoenix and, Jack Frost will be nipping at your nose. There are some of the best cold-weather destinations in the mountains of Arizona that house vertical drops that allow for skiing, snowboarding, and tubing.
- ZooLights: Beginning November 22nd and running through January 14th, take a stroll through the Valley’s brightest tradition of the year at Phoenix Zoo. This beautiful showcase of lights, music, food, and festivities bring joy to all ages during Arizona holidays.
- Glendale Glitters: Another award-winning festival of lights is the incredible Glendale Glitters. This is the largest free holiday light display in Arizona, illuminating 16 blocks of Historic Downtown Glendale with 1.5 million LED lights. The display runs from November 24th, where they host a big kickoff, through January 6th.
- Sedona in northern Arizona, is a holiday dream with top resorts, hiking, fun, and entertainment. Sedona world renowned for its magical vibe, and the holiday magic is no exception.
- Polar Express: Experience the classic children’s book, The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg, with this magical Polar Express-themed train ride to the enchanted beauty of the “North Pole” and Santa makes a jolly appearance spreading joy and cheer to all on board.
- Lake Havasu Christmas Boat Parade of Lights: On December 1st and 2nd, two fun events combine, camping and a Christmas light parade on water, with the Lake Havasu Christmas Boat Parade of Lights. It’s sure to delight and impress the whole family. With more than 50 boats decorated in Christmas shine, the London Bridge channel brings the spirit of Christmas.
- CitySkate Holiday Ice Rink: Ice skating and sipping hot cocoa are practically synonymous with holiday fun. CitySkate is Downtown Phoenix’s signature holiday destination where ice skating outside in the middle of the Saguaro Desert becomes a reality.
- Holiday Golfing: What golf lover wouldn’t enjoy a nice round for the holidays? Arizona is a top golf destinations and you can’t afford to leave your clubs at home. With breathtaking views and weather to please, it’s no wonder why Arizona is a magical destination for the holidays.
The holidays in Arizona is sure to be a magical time at one of the top winter destinations. Contact us to find out more about our community and what Terravita and our surrounding area has to offer.